Thursday Race Director Ramblings
July 27, 2017
Thursday’s Race Directors Ramblings
It is inevitable with race organisation that we have to do some last minute problem-solving. We however did not plan for well over 200 race packs failing to arrive with our runners, some 9 days after posting. Experience tells us to work on 1%, or around 30.
We are on it,(sleep is for wimps) we have a solution in place and wont let this detract from 12 months hard work from many people to make this a great race for you all. Apologies to those of you affected. Views about failings in the postal service will be kept personal!
What else is happening?
Despite this, here is a quick snap shot of recent activity
- All zone managers now briefed
- Finalised the plans for on-course entertainment
- Final course drive with lead car marshal
- Vans collected ready for hard work on Saturday/Sunday…would rather run 10k!
- Water station managers briefed
- Sponge station manager briefed
Despite the set-back, everything is going really well, lots still to do, but with well over 350 people giving their time for you up it will be a tremendous day.
3 more sleeps!!
Cheers Nicola and Neil