Great Grimsby 10k Friday Update
July 28, 2017
Friday’s Race Directors Ramblings
2 more sleeps before race day!
Another busy yet productive 24 hours and 2 crazy days ahead. Did culminate in a rather welcome beer last night, but sadly no Love Island to chill out to!!
- 2 Bands and 2 groups of singers will be out on the course
- Lincs FM will be entertaining you in front of Great Grimsby Town Hall. You will be directed to the start line around 0945, which is 2 minutes walk away
- We are working in partnership with The Culture house who are organising the finish line festival in the park for you. Well worth staying behind for.
It is going to be a great day for you.
Reminder of key information
- Arrive early, plan your journey around road closures(start at 8.30 am) and lift share if you can
- Baggage buses leave 9.15 am from near the Town Hall, so no running down the street waving at the driver as part of your warm up…9.15 it is!
- Loos will be a plenty to the left of the Town Hall as well as a few inside. Gents there are urinals, no they don’t look pretty, but no need to use the protaloos, unless of course……
- There will be at least 3 cafes open in the town centre for you to grab a brew. Plenty of loos at MacDonald’s, 2 mins walk from HQ or Riverhead café.
Time to get on, clear the overnight e mail avalanche then out for a short head clearing run.
It is getting real now for you and us. Months of hard work training for you(hopefully) and 12 months of planning for us.
Have a great day
Cheers Nicola and Neil