Gruesome Weather Report!
October 10, 2018
Dear Gruesome Runner
A check of the weather reveals we are expecting winds of between 45 and 50 mph on Friday and Saturday. Our main priority is that of safety for everyone involved in the event including runners, volunteers, the general public and the race crew who will spend most of Friday and Saturday from 4am setting the course up. Whilst as we all know the weather forecast can change, we need to start planning now for the windy conditions, which will be made worse in places which are exposed. The race will still go ahead and here is the plan, which very much involves you as someone who has signed up to run.
- You need to make sure that you are fit enough to run in these difficult windy conditions. If in doubt please think twice and make an informed decision
- We will only be putting out essential race signage, so the usual array of distance markers will not be on display. The reason is they are stuck in the ground with metal stakes and will no doubt take off in the wind and potentially injure someone, as well as be impossible to carry in the windy conditions. Most runners have a gps!
- Water station 2 on the half marathon was located in an exposed position and will be looked after by the local scout group. We need to ensure these super volunteers are safe, so the water station will be brought back a mile into Cuxwold farmyard which is a bit more sheltered. As a result, the water stations will now be at 3.75, 5.75 and 9.9 miles. The 10k water station is unaffected You may wish to consider carrying a water bottle with you.
- We will be doing several checks of the course, especially the sections through the woods, to make sure they are safe for you to run through.
- We will make an assessment of the finish area in the park and make a decision on the morning of the race as to what facilities we are able to offer. Safety will be the main consideration.
We will do our best for you to make sure that you still have a safe and enjoyable race day experience.
Nicola and Neil; Tape2Tape
Gruesome Twosome 10k/Half Marathon 2018