Tuesdays Race Director Ramblings
July 16, 2019
Just 5 more sleeps to go until race day. From our side there is still a massive amount of work to do which we are fitting in with all the media interest in the race, or big community event as it is often referred to. On that note, don’t forget that we have organised lots of free activities in the park at the finish area. All you need to pay for is food and drink.
The race is very reliant on the fantastic goodwill of over 450 volunteers. We are still a few people short of what we need. Do you know of anyone who wants to be part of the race crew, helping to make it a great day for you? If so, please ask them to e mail Laura@tape2tape.co.uk. In particular we need people to help hand out medals, tee shirts etc at the finish area. They will all receive a great race crew tee shirt as well having the pride of helping to make it a fab day.
We are very focussed on reducing the impact the race has on the environment. Please take time to view this short video of team member Lydia, explaining what you can do to help >>> RECYCLING VIDEO
In addition we are ..
- Encouraging car sharing
- Ensuring all rubbish is removed from the route
- Using drinks containers that can be totally re-cycled
- Any discarded clothing left at the start line by runners in collected and then donated to a local charity
- Key information is emailed to participants instead of being posted.
- We do not give away goody bags.
- Left over tee shirts and medals are given to the charity Operation Christmas child, who give them to needy children around the world
- Having a facility pre-race outside Great Grimsby Town Hall for runners to bring their old trainers and tee shirts, which will also be used by Operation Christmas Child and donated to needy people all over the world.
Not received your race number?
Firstly dont panic! Please see extensive information below for you to follow
If you entered prior to 3.30pm on Thursday 11th July your number will be with you after the post has been delivered on Tuesday 16th July.
If you entered after 3.30pm on Thursday 11th July but before 12 noon on Saturday 13th July, your number will be with you after the post has been delivered on Wednesday 17th July.
If you entered after 12 noon on Saturday 13th July, your number will be with you after the post has been delivered on Thursday 18th July.
If your number has not arrived within these timescales, what do I do?
- Please check that you have actually entered the race! Entry list can be checked HERE
- Log into the Results Base profile you created and ensure that your ATHLETE PROFILE ADDRESS is correct as this is where you number was sent to. Please note it is your responsibility to retrieve any numbers which have been sent to your old address.
- Contact us IMMEDIATELY and let us know if you have not received your number. You must tell us your full name and the address you registered with. E mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Think that will do you for today. More coffee to drink and hopefully, just hopefully, if we get all our jobs done we may escape the office for a gym session tonight, fingers crossed.
Nicola and Neil; Tape2Tape and the fantastic race crew.