Thursdays Race Director Ramblings
July 18, 2019
3 more sleeps! Not that we will get much sleep between now and race day. Already day dreaming about a beer or 2 on Sunday evening!!
Fit and Well?
Hope you are fit and well and ready for Sunday’s big race. Don’t forget, if you are ill/injured, please do the honourable thing and don’t run. We have a comprehensive medical plan in place, to deal with emergencies not pre-existing issues…thanks.
What have we been up to?
- Taking delivery of the super medals and tee shirts(well under wraps until you have ran 10k!)
- Brief the great team from Blue Light Brigade who will be doing meet/greet as well as assisting people in the park
- Putting finishing touches for Friday’s water delivery plan….it is a military operation!
- Packing dozens of boxes to ensure all the 450 volunteers have the right kit in the right place on Sunday
- Undertaking one of a few course safety checks we have scheduled in for this week.
- Ensuring the UK Athletics officials who will be at the race, have all the information they need for Sunday.
- Making sure our Mums have plenty of bargain socks and tee shirts to sell in the park under the Tape2Tape gazebo
- Quick trip to celebrate Neil’s daughter graduating!
Running kit for sale
Metres to Miles. specialist running shop will be on hand in the park to sell some of their running kit.
Tape2Tape will also be there selling socks, training tops and GY10K hoodies.
Bring some cash and grab a real bargain.
We have a small team of volunteer snappers who will do their best to take as many pics as they can. They will all be free for you to downlaod. If any family friends take some pics, please tag us into social media or send us a link and we will share with the runners for you.
That’s it for today. Loads more to do for you, but we will be there ready and waiting for you all on Sunday!
All the best
Nicola, Neil and the top race crew.