Run Your Heart Out Valentine 10k…weather update

February 6, 2020

Dear Runner

We both hope that you are fit and well.

No doubt you will have seen the news in recent days about Storm Ciara which is expected to cross the Atlantic and reach the UK late on Saturday evening. The forecast is for it to last through until Monday, thus having a significant impact on Sunday’s race.  As race organisers our top priority is that of safety of our runners ,our volunteers, the general public and those people who will be providing services to the race(medical , timing, traffic management, food/drink sellers etc).

This race has been in the planning for 12 months; however one thing we are unable to influence is the weather. Since we became aware of the weather warning we have been working hard to mitigate as much of the risk as what we possibly can. This includes amongst others no race arches, no gazebos, no pacer flags etc. We have held discussions with all of our service providers to ensure they alter their plans to take the weather into consideration. We have also spent a considerable amount of time out on the course yesterday making further assessments of the risk.

We are constantly monitoring the Met Office forecast so that we are in possession of the full facts of what Sunday will look like.

It is a balancing act for us between waiting as long as possible to have a more accurate picture of what the weather will look like and giving everyone sufficient notice to change their plans.

As a result we will communicate our safety decision as to whether or not the race will go ahead out to you by 9am on Saturday morning. This will be sent to the e mail address you registered with, on the Tape2Tape web site, Face Book page, Face Book event, Instagram and Twitter.

We ask at this time that you do not contact us personally as we will be concentrating all our efforts on doing our utmost to put on a safe race for you all

Many thanks

Nicola and Neil ; Tape2Tape