Postponement of Sunday’s Race

February 7, 2020

Dear Runner

As promised, we want to give you a timely update about Sunday’s Run Your Heart out Valentines 10k. You will be aware that the race has been 12 months in the planning with a considerable amount of work undertaken by many people.

Safety
Safety is our number one priority. Having fully assessed the impact of Storm Ciara we have on these grounds made the decision that the race will not go ahead on Sunday. Gusts of in excess of 60mph are forecast which in our opinion are far above an acceptable level for the safety of you, the volunteers, companies providing a service to the race and the general public. Gusts of this magnitude can potentially cause branches to fall off tress, blow runners off their feet, make a water station impossible to put in place as well as cause debris to be blown around on the more exposed sections of the course. These are risks which we feel sure you will agree are just not worth taking.

So what next?
The race terms and conditions state that we will do our utmost to find an alternative date for the race. This has proved to be extremely difficult when the considerations are amongst others:

· Road closure applications
· Permission from all emergency services and the event safety advisory group
· Traffic management
· Medical provision
· Timing
· Volunteers
· Availability of Quibell Park for our HQ
· Availability of key team members who perform vital roles
· Loos and barriers
· Car parking
· Baggage trucks
· UKA licence and public liability insurance

The team have however worked tirelessly over the last day or so and managed to swiftly pull all of this together meaning we are delighted to say the race will now go ahead at 11am on Sunday 23rd February. This does have a few implications for us, but we feel it is the right thing to do for all the runners who regularly support our races.

It is fair to also acknowledge at this time the support given to us by the Network Manager at North Lincolnshire Council who has gone the extra mile (or km in this case) to allow us to close the roads at short notice.

What do I need to do now?
If you are available on this date you need do NOTHING at all other than turn up on the 23rd and have a great day!

If you are UNABLE to run on the rescheduled date, we have re-opened transfers to other runners until 4pm on Friday 14th February. You need to follow this process: https://resultsbase.net/page/transfer in order that the transfer goes ahead and is COMPLETED by that date and time. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure that your runner number is handed over to the new runner.

As per the event’s terms and conditions, we will not issue refunds, nor transfer your entry to another race (please do not ask!).

What does it mean for Nicola and Neil?
We had a break booked for the new race weekend so we will have to forsake that, this is purely out of love and appreciation for you all of course!  And…. ironically, we were both booked into run a 10k trail race whilst we were away. Unfortunately, the terms and conditions of that race mean we will have to forsake our entry fees!!

And, finally…
We hope you will fully support our decision and rationale to postpone the race. We will guarantee that we will work hard over the next couple of weeks to make sure that the race goes off as originally planned and is both safe and enjoyable.

All the best, keep running 🙂
Nicola and Neil and the Tape2Tape Team.