Entries for this gem of a race are now open. We are restricting entries to just 200 teams in each race.
Run in pairs over the beautiful Lincolnshire Wolds. This multi-terrain race is loved by many due to the views, comradeship and not forgetting the famous beanie hat and sausage roll/pasty and cuppa at the end.
10km Start at 10.30am;
Afilliated runner £16; unaffiliated £18. (plus small card process fee)
Half Marathon start at 11am
Afilliated runner £22; Unaffiliated £24 (plus small card process fee)
Click the link below to sign up to this race
Race HQ is in Swallow play park, which is also the finish area for both races. As your walk out of the car park entrance turn right and the park is ahead of you at the bottom of the hill.
Both routes take in some of Lincolnshire’s finest scenic countryside. They are very much undulating multi-terrain events taking in grassland, quiet tarmac roads, public footpaths, trails and meadows.
The routes has been agreed with kind permission from Sutton estates, Yarborough estates and Beelsby farming company, who have kindly allowed us to use their land for race day.
This course starts in exactly the same place as it did in 2015. It is around half a mile walk from race HQ and starts in a large filed. Turn right out of the pub car park and follow the road until it becomes a footpath. After a short distance you will see signs taking you into a field. Follow these down until you arrive at the start flag.
For the half marathon spectators must walk down to the field where the race starts. Please do not go beyond the first marshal point, as you may get trampled by the runners! Also, you will get a great view and photo opportunity at marshal 1 point.
Rothwell village is a great place to see the runners emerge from the back of the pub, around the 3.5 mile point.
Cuxwold farmyard, which is around 5.75 miles provides a good backdrop to see the runners emerging off the hill top. Please be mindful that farm machinery operates in this area.
There are other points on the course where you can see the runners, but please be careful where you park so as not to block the runners path.
The finish in the park at Swallow is excellent.
By popular demand we have introduced a 10km option for 2016. This course takes in the last a large part of the latter section of the half marathon course. It starts around 0.75 of a mile from race HQ and is to be run in pairs and can be found by turning left out of the pub, right at the end of the road, then first left. Follow this road over the hill then turn first right, where you will see the start line.
Do not park on the village streets. All parking is in a massive field on the right hand side as your drop into Swallow off the A46
These will be awarded for male/female/mixed teams.
1st Place £60 cash, £60 Metres to Miles vouchers plus trophy per team
2nd Place £50 cash, £40 Metres to Miles vouchers plus trophy per team
3rd Place £40 cash, £20 Metres to Miles vouchers plus trophy per team
1st Place £60 cash, £20 Metres to Miles voucher plus trophy per team
2nd Place £50 cash plus trophy per team
3rd Place £40 cash plus trophy per team
Can I transfer my entry to another runner?
Can I defer my entry?
Can I have a refund?
Can I wear headphones?
Sorry no. The roads are open to traffic so you need to hear what is going on around you. It is also a licence condition of UKA.
When will I receive my running number?
On race day from 9.30am in the village park
What is the minimum entry age?
UK Athletics stipulate 15 years of age for the 10km and 17 for the half marathon
How do I update details such as address, club etc
You need to update our records. You do this using the on-line entry company web site. DETAILS
How do I know if my entry has been accepted?
- the money will have left your bank
- you will have received an automated e mail(check your spam)
- you will be in the entry list
What shoes shall I wear?
This is really personal choice and down to the weather/course conditions on the day. Some runners opt for road shies, some will wear trail shoes...your choice.
Terms and conditions
Please take note of the following conditions of entering the race
- The race is to be run in pairs, in any combination of male/female or age. Runners must cross the finish line together before you will be given a finish time/position.
- UK Athletics rules will be adhered to throughout the race.
- Minimum age for entry is 17 for the half marathon and 15 for the 10km, as per UKA rulings.
- This is a challenging event over difficult terrain. It is your responsibility to make sure you have the required fitness to complete the race. You will need to make a sound judgement on what footwear you will need for the race. This is not the responsibility of the race organisers.
- Please listen to and respond to the advice given by race officials and marshals. They are there to ensure that you and the general public are safe.
- You enter this race entirely at your own risk. The organisers will not be liable for any injury to you, no matter how it was caused.
- There will be event medical cover in place at the race. If you require any assistance, please notify a marshal/official and they will make contact with the medics.
- Due to the nature of the course it is not suitable for wheelchair athletes. However, if a potential runner with disabilities wishes to enter, please make contact with the organisers to discuss the feasibility.
- Water will be available at 3 stations for the half marathon and 1 for the 10km as well as at the finish. Please respect the countryside and dispose of your bottles in a sensible manner.
- Prizes will be awarded to the first 3 male, female and mixed teams.
- Please note that roads will be open to traffic on the course, so please take great care. As a result headphones are not allowed to be worn. Anyone found wearing them will be asked to remove themselves from the race, will not appear on the results sheet and will not receive their beanie hat, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- In the event that adverse weather or any other prevailing circumstances mean that the race is to be cancelled, details will be recorded on the web site and on the Facebook page. A message will also be left on the event mobile phone.
- Please ensure that you note any medical conditions on the rear of your running number. If you have any prevailing medical condition that you wish to make the organisers aware of then please notify by e mail.
- Results will be posted on the event web site within 3 days of completion.
- Refunds will not be granted.
- Entry deferral to future years will not be granted.
- Do not run using any other runners number. We will accept change of runner details up to 3pm on 9th October 2018.
- By entering the race you give your permission for any photographs/video recordings to be used on the event web site.
- Your data will be handled as per the conditions of the GDPR.
- If you are a trophy winner it is your responsibility to collect it from the race presentation or ask someone else to collect it on your behalf.
Feel free to download and share the fabulous pics from 2017 taken by the volunteer photographers on your behalf.
Many thanks to Pegasus Drone Media for compiling some super footage from the Gruesome Twosome. There are 2 versions, click below
Half Marathon Bridge Thanks Steve Green
10K/HALF Thanks to David Scott
10k start video clip thanks Nancy Durham
Half Start video ..thanks to Poacher radio station
Half Marathon thanks to Nadine and Rob Crump