This very popular race is run in pairs over a 10km or half marathon course over the Lincolnshire Wolds, which is an area of outstanding natural beauty. Now in its 9th year, runners come back year on year to run together over the multi-terrain course.
The finish is in the lovely village park in Swallow where finishers receive their traditional beanie hat, together with a cuppa and sausage/veg roll.
10km Start at 10.30
Affiliated runner £17; unaffiliated £19. (plus small card process fee)
Half Marathon start at 11am
Affiliated runner £23; Unaffiliated £25 (plus small card process fee)
Click the link below to sign up to this race
Race HQ is in Swallow play park, which is also the finish area for both races. As your walk out of the car park entrance turn right and the park is ahead of you at the bottom of the hill.
Post code LN76DE
Both routes take in some of Lincolnshire’s finest scenic countryside and start at different locations, both are round 0.75 miles from the park in Swallow where Race HQ is located. They are very much undulating multi-terrain events taking in grassland, quiet tarmac roads, public footpaths, trails and meadows.
The routes has been agreed with kind permission from Sutton estates, Yarborough estates and Beelsby farming company, who have kindly allowed us to use their land for race day.
Half marathon at 3.75, 6.8 miles and 9.9 miles
10k at 4.5km
For the half marathon spectators must walk down to the field where the race starts. Please do not go beyond the first marshal point, as you may get trampled by the runners! Also, you will get a great view and photo opportunity at marshal 1 point.
Rothwell village is a great place to see the runners emerge from the back of the pub, around the 3.5 mile point.(half marathon only)
Cuxwold farmyard, which is around 5.75 miles provides a good backdrop to see the runners emerging off the hill top. Please be mindful that farm machinery operates in this area. (half marathon only)
There are other points on the course where you can see the runners, but please be careful where you park so as not to block the runners path.
The finish in the park at Swallow is excellent.
Click below to view the full course maps
Please lift share to ease congestion and assist in protecting the environment.
Do not park on the village streets. All parking is in a massive field on the right hand side as your drop into Swallow off the A46
Address is Limber Road, Swallow, Lincolnshire LN7 6DY
These will be awarded for male/female/mixed teams.
1st Place £60 cash, £60 Metres to Miles vouchers plus trophy per team
2nd Place £50 cash, £40 Metres to Miles vouchers plus trophy per team
3rd Place £40 cash, £20 Metres to Miles vouchers plus trophy per team
1st Place £60 cash, £20 Metres to Miles voucher plus trophy per team
2nd Place £50 cash plus trophy per team
3rd Place £40 cash plus trophy per team
Can I wear earphones?
Absolutely not. It is a condition of our license that earphones are not to be worn as the rods are open to traffic. You must be able to hear instructions from marshals, other runners and be fully aware of your surroundings. You will be disqualified(as runners were in 2019) if you are seen wearing earphones and by doing so will invalidate any insurance held.
When will I receive my runner number?
On race day from 9am in Swallow park. One runner can collect both numbers for your team f you wish.
What is the minimum age?
10k is 15 half is 17 This is to satisfy the conditions of our licence and public liability insurance.
A condition of us using/hiring the park is that dogs are not allowed on there. Please respect this as we would like to continue hosting the race there for many years to come. thanks Due to the number of runners and some narrow tracks it is not possible to have a dog accompany you in the race as it would be too dangerous...and turn it into a 3 some!
Terms and conditions
Please take note of the following conditions of entering the race
- The race is to be run in pairs, in any combination of male/female or age. Runners must cross the finish line together before you will be given a finish time/position.
- UK Athletics rules will be adhered to throughout the race.
- Minimum age for entry is 17 for the half marathon and 15 for the 10km, as per UKA rulings.
- This is a challenging event over difficult terrain. It is your responsibility to make sure you have the required fitness to complete the race. You will need to make a sound judgement on what footwear you will need for the race. This is not the responsibility of the race organisers.
- We cater for all running abilities. This is a tough hilly course and you must be fit enough to run the stated distance of 10k or half marathon. This is not suitable for people who wish to walk.We have a duty of care to all of the volunteers who are out in the countryside for a lot longer than the runners in potentially cold conditions due to the time of year.Half marathon you must be able to complete this in under 3h 15 mns10k you must be able to complete this in under 1h 45 minsAnyone who in the view of the race director is likely to be outside of these times will be removed from the race and given a lift back to the finish area.
- Please listen to and respond to the advice given by race officials and marshals. They are there to ensure that you and the general public are safe.
- You enter this race entirely at your own risk. The organisers will not be liable for any injury to you, no matter how it was caused.
- There will be event medical cover in place at the race. If you require any assistance, please notify a marshal/official and they will make contact with the medics.
- Due to the nature of the course it is not suitable for wheelchair athletes. However, if a potential runner with disabilities wishes to enter, please make contact with the organisers to discuss the feasibility.
- Water will be available at 3 stations for the half marathon and 1 for the 10km as well as at the finish. Please respect the countryside and dispose of your bottles in a sensible manner.
- Prizes will be awarded to the first 3 male, female and mixed teams.
- Please note that roads will be open to traffic on the course, so please take great care. As a result headphones are not allowed to be worn. Anyone found wearing them will be asked to remove themselves from the race, will not appear on the results sheet and will not receive their beanie hat, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- In the event that adverse weather or any other prevailing circumstances mean that the race is to be cancelled, details will be recorded on this website, an e mail will be sent out to the e mail address you registered with and on the event Face book page. We will do our utmost to re-arrange the race, but there is no guarantee as permissions need to be re-applied for and goods/services booked in. If we are unable to re-arrange no refunds will be given, however we will make arrangements so you can collect your race souvenirs The organisers are not liable in any way for any expenditure you may have incurred.
- The organisers reserve the right to change the routes if circumstances dictate that this is essential. Full explanation will be provided to all entrants.
- Please ensure that you note any medical conditions on the rear of your running number. If you have any prevailing medical condition that you wish to make the organisers aware of then please notify by e mail.
- Results will be posted on the event web site within 3 days of completion.
- Refunds will not be granted.
- Entry deferral to future years will not be granted.
- Do not run using any other runners number. We will accept change of runner details up to 2pm on 5th October 2020.
- By entering the race you give your permission for any photographs/video recordings to be used on the event web site.
- Your data will be handled as per the conditions of the GDPR.
- If you are a trophy winner it is your responsibility to collect it from the race presentation or ask someone else to collect it on your behalf.
- Tape2Tape will be taking photos at the race. These images will be used to share news about the event and to publicise our next event. Images may be used in press releases, printed publicity and published on the Tape2Tape webbsite, Flickr, Facebook etc . If you would prefer for you or your child (when photographing under 18s) not to be photographed, please speak to Tape2Tape.
Thank you for submitting your details.We will be in touch with you if more places become available.
The race is inclusive and we encourage entries from all runners, irrespective of their ability. We encourage anyone who has any concerns about the course and whether or not it is suitable for their individual circumstances to contact Nicola by e mail Nicola@tape2tape.co.uk or telephone 01472 824894. We will be happy to meet with you on the course and discuss any areas of concern you may have.
Both courses are run on undulating multi-terrain surfaces. It is our view that this would make it impossible for a wheel chair athlete to take part in the race. It has unfortunately not been possible to make reasonable adjustments to the route, as there are no alternatives.
We are bound by Run Britain rulings which state the minimum age for the 10km race is 15 and 17 for the half marathon.
There are plenty of parking spaces close to the start/finish area. Please contact the organisers if you need to reserve a space.
Any visually impaired athlete is encouraged to run with a guide, who has a hi-viz tabard on denoting their role. Entry into the race is free for a guide, please contact Nicola@tape2tape.co.uk or telephone 01472 824894.
If you wish to receive any race material in a format which meets your needs then please contact us.
Race Day assistance
If any athlete requires specific assistance on race day, we ask that you contact us as early as possible.
We actively encourage anyone to come forward and volunteer to assist at the race. We will work with you to provide the most appropriate role for your circumstances
As race organisers we are keen to improve how we make the event truly inclusive. If you have any queries or suggestions on how to improve our inclusivity then contact Nicola@tape2tape.co.uk or telephone 01472 824894.
How on earth does this work?
Quite simply it is a race in pairs,so you must cross the line together at the same time. Anyone crossing the line alone will not appear in the results as it is a race in pairs!…the race title is a bit of a giveaway!
If you do find yourself ahead of your partner we suggest you wait for them in the lay by which is about 50m before the finish line. This way you can encourage each other and finish together, in the true spirit of the Gruesome Twosome race.
We will use electronic devices which will time you from when the gun goes off to when you cross the finish line. Results will be immediately available as soon as you cross the finish line
Help us to help you by making sure your number is clearly visible in front of you as you cross the line.
We cater for all running abilities. This is a tough hilly course and you must be fit enough to run the stated distance of 10k or half marathon. This is not suitable for people who wish to walk.
We have a duty of care to all of the volunteers who are out in the countryside for a lot longer than the runners in potentially cold conditions due to the time of year.
Half marathon you must be able to complete this in under 3h 15 mns
10k you must be able to complete this in under 1h 45 mins
Anyone who in the view of the race director is likely to be outside of these times will be removed from the race and given a lift back to the finish area.
We are a #litterfreerace and you are a #litterfreerunner .Please dispose of any litter carefully. Full gel packets fit in your pocket, so please put the empties back in there.
Some of the ways that we ensure that we maintain a positive environmental impact at our event
- Encouraging car sharing
- Ensuring all rubbish is removed from the route
- Using drinks containers that can be re-cycled
- Any discarded clothing left at the start line by runners in collected and then donated to a local charity
- Key information is emailed to participants instead of being posted.
- We do not give away goody bags.
The fab 2019 volunteer photographers did an amazing job today. All pics are free!
These are all from Matt McNally
10k pics thanks to>>> Katie Jones
Great set thank to>>> Chris Cull
Many thanks >>> Patrick Barnett
Many thanks >>> Paul Ireland
Thanks to >>> Steve Green
Another set from >>> Chris Cull
10k Finish video >>>> To 1 hour 12 mins
10 k finish video >>>> 1 hour 12 mins to finish
Half finish >>>>To 1hour 54 mins
Half finish >>>> 1h 54 mins to 2 h 36 mins
Half finish >>>> 2 hours 26 mins to 2 hours 59 mins
Half finish >>>> 2 h 59 mins to 3 hours 31 mins
Half finish >>>> 3h 31 to end