We hope that you have thoroughly enjoyed taking part in the fabulous virtual race….hope to see you on the 2021 start ;ine.
We are very grateful to all our Sponsors especially ABP who have continued to support us to make the virtual event possible.
Please view the informative runner guide >>>VIRTUAL ABP Humber Coastal Half 2020 – Runners Guide
We have held this race from the wonderful town of Cleethorpes since 2017 and it has been hugely successful. Due to Covid-19 we have now decided the safest way to host this years event is an exciting and unique Virtual Race. We are determined to keep motivating and supporting the running community in any way we can and would welcome the opportunity to forge a fabulous unique virtual event with you to celebrate its 4th year as we continue to stay safe and fight this virus.
ALL ABILITIES WELCOME
This Virtual Race is for EVERY ability, you can run, jog or walk the distances, this can be in one go or if you wish in small chunks.
If you are missing competing this is also right up your street, we will have results and also be posting out prizes…..so YES! you CAN still race and compete against other (to win a prize the distance has to be completed on one run)
HOW THE UNIQUE VIRTUAL RACE WILL WORK
To give you the full race experience we will:
- Post you out the fabulous EVENT MEDAL, EVENT T-SHIRT & RUNNING NUMBER – you will receive this before the 20th September
- Virtually start the race at 9am on Sunday 20th September with a fully erected arch (at a location!) we’ll sound the horn to kick start the event!
- Give you until the 4th October (3 weekends) to run the distance and register your times – (you can run, walk or jog the distance all at once, or in small chunks)
- Enable you to submit your results manually or via a DIRECT LINK from STRAVA OR GARMIN CONNECT
- Have an extensive PRIZE POOL – Trophies will be posted out to all the winners (Yes you can still compete!!)
- Enable you to print off a personalised certificate with your accomplishment and finish time
- Publish a full set of RESULTS
- Continue to support our regular community groups and charities that come along to this event year on year
- Bring you altogether virtually and share your endeavours on our social media platforms
- Hand out spot prizes for the best pictures wearing your race tee and running number
Presently 6 people can meet up to exercise together if they are socially distanced, this would be a great way of taking part in the event and supporting each other.
We know it’s a difficult time for everyone at the moment in many ways, our thoughts are with those that have lost love ones as a result of the virus. As a small business here at Tape2Tape we have been greatly affected by the virus, we are trying to remain positive and are still committed to uniting, motivating and inspiring the running community. We also believe that by keeping you all moving this will greatly help with your mental health and physical well-being. We’d also like to continue supporting the regular community groups and charities that come out year on year to support this event.
SUPPORTING US AS A SMALL BUSINESS
By entering this event you are:
- Assisting us as a small local business to continue to survive and make it through this crisis
- Enabling us to return in 2021 and do what we love doing for you as a runner, we want to come back stronger next year to hold this fabulous event and celebrate its 5th Year!!
- Enabling us to still donate to our regular community groups and charities
- Enabling us to keep inspiring and motivating the community to keep moving
We look forward to welcoming you to our unique Virtual Event!
Full results can be found >>>>FULL RESULTS
Team results can be found >>>TEAM RESULTS
Prize winners have been notified.
Male/Female individual cash plus trophy.
1st place; 4 team members to count for the separate male/female prizes. Individual trophies.
There is a massive spread of vets prize winners, with a voucher being awarded to the first place runner in each. Vets prizes(vouchers) will be posted out.
Male and Female: V35,40,45,50,55,60,65,70,75,80,85
Male/Female under 20
Vouchers will be posted out .
Prizes will be awarded to male/female; cash and trophy.
Thank you for submitting your details.We will be in touch with you if more places become available.
Tape2Tape is made up of Nicola and Neil, a small team of fantastic people who work with us in the run up to our events, plus the amazing race crew volunteers in their thousands who make things happen on the day at the events.
As keen runners ourselves we initially set set up Tape2Tape as a hobby back in 2011 to organise safe and enjoyable races that involved the community. As time progressed we loved what we did so much that it is now our job. We feel proud that we have managed to inspire and motivate many people to lace up their running shoes, not only improving their health and fitness but also their mental health and well-being. We are proud to have raised and donated thousands of pounds to local community groups, charities and causes, we feel so honoured that our daily work involves our passion for running.
When Covid-19 hit in March it brought misery to many people all over the world, misery in ways which we could not ever have imagined. As the situation starts to improve we sincerely hope that the suffering of many also reduces.
From our perspective our income and livelihood stopped overnight once the pandemic hit. This is why we will always be so grateful to ABP and our other sponsors who have stuck with us in support of this virtual race, also you as our runners, for entering the virtual race. Without this Tape2Tape would cease to exist and we would not be in a position to put on super races for you once we are out the other side.
Thank you to you all, please stay safe and enjoy taking part in the virtual race.