Welcome to Tape2Tape Runners Help
The Tape2Tape team are all experienced runners with decades of running in various different events under their belts.
If you are thinking about lacing up your trainers then here are a few things to bear in mind and some pointers to help you on your way.
- Remember no one goes out and just runs 10miles. All runners have their own personal stories about starting out – running only in the dark so they weren’t seen or running in their jeans so they could pretend they weren’t really trying. We have all started somewhere.
- Your breathing will be erratic at first but your lungs will adjust. Its what they are designed to do.
- You may be tempted to walk – do it!! Work on gradually reducing the time you walk and increasing the time you run.
- Invest in some running trainers. These do not have to cost the earth but get some advice.
- Ladies – invest in a running bra. You can thank us later!!
- Be realistic. Everything will hurt, but you really won’t die!!
- Track your runs. Nothing is more of an incentive then being able to see how you progress.
- Buy some good sweat- wicking breathable socks. These will prevent discomfort and blisters and ultimately improve your running.
- Stick with it. Consistency is the key.
- Don’t be afraid of being a beginner
Want to locate your local running club?
Click on the England Athletics logo below to find details of the nearest club to you
Details of Clubs in the Northern Lincolnshire Area
We have put together a small list of clubs local to Tape2Tape HQ that can help you on your running journey .