Quibell Park Scunthorpe
North Lincolnshire Half Marathon and 10k
Half Marathon 9.40am
Ideal Spring Marathon Preparation.
So what do we offer you …
- Our ethos is for you to have a safe and enjoyable race day experience.
- Flat, fast and friendly course
- Chip timing
- Closed roads
- Fabulous event medal
- Cake for all finishers!
- Easy motorway access
- Easy parking within a short walk of race HQ.
- Great spectator support
- Extensive prize pool
ENTRY NOW OPEN
The Half Marathon entry price is £29.99 with a £2 reduction for UKA-affiliated runners
The 10k entry price is £26 with a £2 reduction for UKA-affiliated runners
Entry includes a fab bespoke medal and cake!
For both distances you have the option to have a medal or medal and tee shirt posted to your address.
Medal only £14 delivered
Medal and Tee £24 delivered
Click the link below to sign up to this race
We have designed the event so that both races START and FINISH in exactly the same place. Both routes take in lovely rural routes around the villages in Northern Lincolnshire.
The 10k starts at 9am, the Half Marathon at 940am
You can view both routes below:
Terms and conditions
I am a Participant and acknowledge that by participating in the Event, I agree to the Terms and Conditions set out below. I also understand that I am entering in to a contract with Tape2Tape Limited and not [England Athletics Limited and/or] [UK Athletics Limited].
I hereby agree:
that any participation by me in the Event is solely and entirely at my own risk and (to the extent permitted by law) no person(s) or organisation(s) shall be liable for any accident, harm, injury, loss or damage to property, however so caused, arising out of or in connection with or, suffered during or as a result of, my participation in the Event, provided always that nothing shall exclude liability for death or personal injury caused directly by the negligence of the organiser or its employees;
consent to medical assistance and/or medical care being given to me in the case of illness, injury or an emergency situation, should this occur during the Event, such assistance to be given by the organiser, its employees, contractors or other trained personnel conducting the Event (which may include the use of anaesthetics);
‘An entrant shall be deemed to have made him/herself/their self, familiar with, and agreed to be bound by the UKA Anti-Doping Rules and to submit to the authority of UK Anti-Doping in the application and enforcement of the Anti-Doping Rules.
The UKA Anti-Doping Rules apply to entrants participating in the sport of Athletics, for 12 months from the [date of entry], whether or not the licence holder is a citizen of, or resident in, the UK.’
I acknowledge and agree that:
- Running is an endurance sport.
- I should only undertake such an activity to a level which reflects my level of fitness.
- I am responsible for monitoring my own physical condition prior to and during participation in the Event.
- understand the importance, for safety reasons, of obeying the rules, guidelines and instructions given by the Event Organisers officials, stewards, nominated representatives and other authorised personnel and hereby agree to abide by the same and to behave responsibly at all times during the Event and be mindful of the impact of my actions on others; and
- agree that my participation in the Event is for recreational and/or charity fundraising purposes only and I will not participate in the Event for any commercial or business purpose. The Event organiser will have no liability to the Participant for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or other loss of business opportunity.
- Minimum age for entry is 15 in the 10k.
- Refunds of entry fees will not be considered under any circumstances.
- Entries cannot be deferred to future years.
- Entries cannot be transferred to any other Tape2Tape events.
- You CAN transfer your entry FREE OF CHARGE to another runner until 8am on Sunday 3rd March 2024
- I will not give my place in the race to anyone outside of the authorised transfer process.
The organisers will NOT be responsible for the loss, theft, or damage of your personal belongings, other than caused because of our negligence.
If a runner with disabilities wishes to enter, please contact the organisers to discuss the feasibility of safely participating in the race. We will arrange a site visit with you so that we can jointly undertake a suitable assessment of risk. If feasible and safe to do so, we will consider making reasonable adjustments to assist your participation and experience.
The organisers do not advocate the use of personal headphones during the race. We are bound by the rules of England athletics who state that only bone conducting earphones may be used in a race where the roads are not closed to traffic. If you do choose to run with headphones on you do so entirely at your own risk as it will significantly reduce your ability to listen to safety instructions.
In the event that adverse weather, a pandemic or any other prevailing circumstances mean that the race cannot take place and is to be cancelled, details will be recorded on the Tape2Tape website, an e mail will be sent out to the e mail address you registered with and on the Tape2Tape social media channels.
We will do our utmost to re-arrange the race, but there is no guarantee as permissions need to be re-applied for and goods/services booked in months in advance. If we are unable to re-arrange, no refunds will be given under any circumstances, however we will endeavour to look at alternative options. The organisers are not liable in any way for any expenditure you may have incurred.
The organisers reserve the right to alter the course should safety or other circumstances beyond our reasonable control prevail.
Please ensure that you note any medical conditions on the rear of your running number. If you have any prevailing medical condition that you wish to make the organisers aware of please ensure you update your details on the entry system.
By entering the race, you give your permission for any photographs/video recordings to be used on the event website and on social media. Please e mail Tape2Tape if you do not wish is to happen.
Anyone who is proven to have cheated in the race or breached UK Athletics rules will be disqualified from the race at the discretion of the race director and referee. Anyone who has won prize money and is subsequently found to have cheated or in breach of UKA rules will be required to return all monies in full within seven days of request.
The race organisers will not accept any form of abuse or verbal assaults through any communications prior to the event taking place, or on the day. We reserve the right to reject your race entry or ask you to leave the event should an incident occur on the day. You would also be removed from the race results.
- Runners must NOT be accompanied by anyone on a pedal cycle. This may result in disqualification.
- All dogs are banned from the race. Anyone wishing to run with a guide dog must contact the organisers in advance of race day.
- All prams, pushchairs and buggies are banned from the race.
If you are prize winner, it is your responsibility to either collect it yourself at presentation or ask someone to do so on your behalf. If you fail to collect your prize the organisers will endeavour to ensure that you receive it, but they will not be responsible for any postage costs.
Any found property handed to Tape2Tape will be kept for two weeks after the race then it will be disposed of. Any postage charges will be the responsibility of the loser should a request be made to post lost items.
It is YOUR responsibility to check that any food/drink that you purchase, OR receive as part of the race at the event, is suitable for your needs and does not contain any ingredients that you are unable to consume as a result of a medical condition.
Thank you for submitting your details.We will be in touch with you if more places become available.
The race is inclusive and we encourage entries from all runners, irrespective of their ability. We encourage anyone who has any concerns about the course and whether or not it is suitable for their individual circumstances to contact Nicola by e mail firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01472 824894. We will be happy to meet with you on the course and discuss any areas of concern you may have.
In the last half mile of both distances, wheelchair users need to be aware that there are a few road humps and a short decline onto the running track. You are however encouraged, irrespective of your ability, to contact email@example.com or telephone 01472 824894 to discuss your individual circumstances so we can jointly decide on the best position in the field for you.
We are bound by Run Britain rulings which state the minimum age for the 10km race is 15 and the Half is 17.
There are plenty of parking spaces close to the start/finish area.
Any visually impaired athlete is encouraged to run with a guide, who has a Hi-Viz tabard on denoting their role. Entry into the race is free for a guide, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01472 824894.
Race HQ at Quibell Park, Scunthorpe is just a few minutes from both the M180 and M181 motorway networks. This makes the 10k/half marathon easily access from across the region and beyond.
Why not use the AA Travel Planner to see journey times. Use post code DN17 1SR for Race HQ……… >>> AA TRAVEL PLANNER
Typical travel times are
Hull 47 minutes
Leeds 58 minutes
Sheffield 55 minutes
Manchester 1 hour 40 mins
Scarborough 1 hour 40 mins
York 1 hour 6 mins
Nottingham 1 hour 6 mins
Leicester 1 hour 42 mins
Grab a PB with our fab pacers
10k: 40 mins, 45, 50, 55, 1 hour, 65, 70 and 75 mins
Half: 1 hour 30, 1 40, 1 45, 1 50, 2h, 2h 15, 2 h 30
For anyone who is disappointed that they are not able to attend this event due to other commitments, or who may still not be ready to attend an actual race, there is a Virtual option where you can run the Half or 10k at a place and time of your choosing, anytime before the end of March 2023 (if you want to be included in the virtual results). Otherwise you can just run it for the achievement anytime you wish.
OPTIONS TO CONSIDER:
- You can run it all in one go or over several days to suit your needs.
- You can then upload your times to a separate results system.(if you choose to do so)
- Your virtual medal and tee shirt (if you order one) will be posted out to you the week after the live race date (5th March)
- Please note there will be no separate prize pool for the virtual race